Updated: Jul 12
Visuals are an integral part of ensuring your personal brand comes across as unique and exciting. It is also key to helping you stand out from competitors.
If you are serious about your brand, you can’t be without professional photos. However, not all photographers are capable of creating the results you have in mind.
It is important to assign your personal branding photos to the right person – this is an investment in your brand after all.
To make the best possible choice for a photographer, here are the main things you should focus on.
1. Specialization. Just because someone takes amazing wedding photos doesn’t mean they know how to capture a personal brand. As you start your search, make sure you are only reviewing photographers who specialize in personal branding photography.
2. Style. Just because you are only reviewing personal branding photographers doesn’t mean they will all have the same aesthetic and style. What photography style appeals to you? Classic and sophisticated, or something more fun, colorful, and upbeat? Have a slow browse through each photographer’s portfolio to establish whether they are the right fit for you.
3. Package. Along with the basic investment of time, equipment, and skill, find out what else your personal branding photography package includes. Many photographers include styling, prints, hair and makeup, and studio space. It all depends on what you are looking for and what your budget is.
4. Consult. You want to feel at ease during your photo session. Even if you generally don’t like having your photo taken, the right photographer knows how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. It is highly recommended that you meet with your photographer prior to booking the shoot to ensure there is a connection. Do they understand your vision? How comfortable did you feel asking questions? Aspects like these are important.
5. Follow-Up Shoots. Since your brand might change slightly every year, find out whether your photographer offers quarterly or annual packages. This way, you can always update your photos without having to pay for a new shoot every time. If you don’t think your brand will change any time soon, no need to worry about follow-up shoots for now.
A good personal branding photographer knows how to bring your story to life using standout images. Make sure that you go into detail about your brand and where you plan to promote it during your consultation to ensure you are happy with the end result.
Click here to schedule a Personal Branding Photography in Los Angeles consultation through a Zoom video call, in person, or by phone.