Updated: Jul 12
LinkedIn is more than just an enhanced digital resume, it’s a marketing tool. It’s also one of the first websites people turn to when researching professionals and brands, making this one of the best platforms for your personal brand.
Here are some top tips on how to get this professional networking platform to work for your personal brand.
1. Start with an Update. You first want to make sure that all your details are accurate and up to date, including your profile photo. If your photo doesn’t look like you anymore, it’s time to get a professional personal branding photographer to assist you.
2. Select Featured Posts. Did you know that you can choose which of your posts you want to appear at the top of your profile? Turn the posts that received the most engagement into featured posts to showcase your expertise and highlight your impact in your sector.
3. Add a Welcome Video. Give your profile a personal touch by uploading a welcome video. It doesn’t need to be long – it’s basically your elevator pitch, plus, it gives people the chance to get to know you.
4. Use the About Section to Your Advantage. Don’t make your profile description generic. Instead, use it to showcase your value. How would you help potential customers or employers should they choose to work with you?
5. Approach People for Recommendations. Have you recently worked on a few projects that turned out really well? Ask past clients or business partners to please post a recommendation on your LinkedIn profile. This shows future clients and partners that you know what you’re doing.
With these tips in mind, you can really get LinkedIn to work for your personal brand. Just remember to be consistent and to post and connect regularly.