Personal Branding Styling: How to Choose a Necklace for Your Shoot
Deciding what to wear to your shoot is an essential step in the personal branding planning process, and the devil is in the detail.
If you are planning to accessorize for your session, here are a few tips that will ensure you choose just the right necklace for your outfit.
Let’ start with some basic tips:
- Make sure that your accessories are clean and polished.
- Keep your necklace and any other accessories minimal and classic.
- Try your accessories on with whatever top or blouse you plan to wear.
- Opt for a more cohesive look by not mixing any metals.
- For colorful jewelry, make sure the colors match your outfit.
- If you have a meaningful necklace lying around, this is the perfect excuse to wear it.
Next, let’s look at the type of necklace you should wear based on the cut of your top.
- Crew or Boat Neckline. Opt for a longer necklace that extends past the top of your shirt. This way, it won’t get caught on the neckline or end up hiding inside your shirt. It will also extend your upper body by not making your neck look too short.
- V-Neck. For this specific neckline, you want to make sure you can see the entire necklace. The key is to pick a piece that leaves some space between the necklace and the point of the neckline.
- Deep Neckline. If your blouse or top will have a deeper neckline, opt for a shorter necklace. Again, this will prevent the necklace from getting caught or lost in your shirt.
And if you find that a necklace simply doesn’t work with the outfit you have in mind, it’s perfectly fine to leave it at home. There are other accessories you can use to complete your look.
If this is the year you want to exceed your sales numbers, it’s the right time to schedule a personal branding photo and video session consultation.