How to Refresh Your Personal Brand in Time for a New Year
With only a few months left in 2021, it’s time to start thinking about your personal branding goals for the new year. Is your brand as strong as you would like it to be? Do you need to make some adjustments and improvements?
As you start setting your goals for the next 6 months, here are a few things you can do to refresh your personal brand.
● Review your progress. Start by getting honest about what you’ve managed to achieve so far this year. How many of your goals did you achieve and where did you fall short? Once you know where you’ve been, you can map out where you would like to be this time next year. Be as specific as possible with your goals to make them more attainable. You should also map out the steps you need to take to reach those goals. You can even go as far as creating a timeline for each step.
● Audit your online presence. Next, take a look at your profiles across all the online platforms you are present on. Are you telling the same story and sending a consistent message across each? What about your visuals? Are they still relevant to your brand and you as a person? If not, it’s time to get clear on your messaging and update your imagery with the help of a professional photographer.
● Decide how you want to upskill. Are your skills still relevant in your sector? Are other professionals in your industry working on new projects that you wouldn’t be able to? If so, it might be time to consider upskilling or even reskilling. This doesn’t mean you need to go back to college. There are a number of excellent eLearning options available that don’t cost a fortune.
● Start networking. One of the best ways to refresh your personal brand is to get out there and see what others are doing. By spending more time networking, you can do a bit of research and get valuable feedback on your personal brand. Plus, connecting with other professionals regularly will inspire you in ways you never thought possible.
● Pursue other passions. Your personal brand isn’t just what you do professionally, it’s everything that you are. If you want to refresh your brand, make more time for pursuits outside of work. These passions will help reshape and evolve your story, making you more authentic and relatable.
Investing time and effort into your personal brand can be highly rewarding, provided you are focusing on the right things – this list will put you on the right track to success.